Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Eldest Child

Miss Molly is exactly 12 days away from legally becoming an adult. I can't believe that "they" really believe that she is old enough and/or mature enough to live life on her own. Whoever "they" are obviously doesn't have kids!

Molly was, how should I say, a MAJOR PAIN IN THE ASS child. I though for sure that I would go to my grave early over her. By the age of 5, her daycare was ready to throw her out and suggested that I have her tested for ADHD. I agreed.

As time went on, Molly changed as all kids do. Thank the good Lord she changed for the better (I would have been forced to kill her and eat her if not). As a pre-teen, she started to make some choices on her own and decided who she wanted to be. She made good choices.

Today, Molly is a 4.0 senior. She has selected her college (Millersville) and will be attending in the fall of 2009 as a Math major. She wants to be a High School Math Teacher. Proud? HELL YESSSSSS!!!

I guess what I'm most proud of is the fact that she is a genuinely good person. I like her. Not just as my daughter, but as a person. She is caring, respectful, and funny. She's smart too! Did I mention how proud of her I am??

Until tomorrow.......XOXO

No comments: