Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Living Life!

It's almost been a month since my Nana went on to a better place. Life keeps going, we keep living. Happy, sad, angry, or peaceful ~ it's our choice. I choose to make the best of my time here and that's what I'm doing.

So much has been happening in the past month...

Molly took her placement test for Millersville. She got her Student ID, her Millersville e-mail address, and is ready to move. "Now" she says. We purchased her prom dress two weeks ago. It's completely different than her past dresses. I told her to "go out of the box" since it was her senior year. She did!! I can't wait to show everyone this dress but she swore me to secrecy until she puts it on for the prom. Look for pictures in May.

Lillie is doing great! I am so proud of my pain-in-the-ass. She has managed to NOT have her teacher or principal call us in a long time. As a matter-of-fact, she has brought home many High Five Awards in the past couple weeks. One was a huge (8.5 X 11) award which got her an ice cream party with the Vice-Principal (we framed it and hung it in her room). Now she thinks she's best friends with both the Principal and Vice-Principal! This past Saturday she started taking roller skating lessons and Sunday was her first soccer practice. She also loves her Thursday nights at Girl Scouts. Busy, busy, busy. It keeps her out of trouble and me from beating her - hehehe.

My wonderful husband just had a birthday. A milestone birthday ~ the big 4-0. He's good. I threw him a party (thanks Wendy for all the help) and we had a great time. I should say I had a great time cuz he doesn't remember the last couple hours of it. Yes, my hubby was DRUNK!!!! But, he paid the next day and won't do that again anytime soon. You only turn 40 once. He told me the other day that he needed a wheel chair. I told him that he better get one that has a battery because I wasn't pushing his butt around. He looked sad, so I reminded him that he knew what he was marrying before he married it:)

Me???? Let's seeeeee....It's fiscal year end at work which means that I am crazy busy. I'm trying to get everything caught up before we leave on vacation.

Oh yes, VACATION!!! We are leaving in April for St. John (yes, I know we always go there). This will be the first time that we let one of our kids touch ground there. We are taking Molly for her graduation present. Corey (Jeff and Wendy's son) is also coming with since he will be home on pre-deployment leave. He's a Marine and scheduled to leave for Afghanistan in May. We all are so excited that he is coming with us. Molly and Corey are like bro/sis and I know they will have a great time. I am excited just to watch them have fun!!

Back to me...so work is busy, the kids are keeping me running around like a chicken, and I never have enough alone time with my man. Life is pretty much normal again. Thank God!

No comments: