Sunday, March 1, 2009

48 Hours Later

It's been 48 hours since my Nana left us. We have the funeral arrangements set. She will be buried Monday with a service and viewing before hand. Dawn picked her out a new nighty (blue) and I'm sure she will look beautiful.

Funny Story: A couple weeks I was talking with my Nana and Pop and she said something about when she died. I said to her "you want to be cremated, right Nana". She answered yes but my Pop said "I want to put you in a pretty nighty like you always wear". She looked at me and said "Whatever he wants to do with me is fine, what the hell do I care, I'll be dead".

So, as my Pop wanted she will go down in her pretty blue nighty.

One thing our family is blessed with is that we have each other. And, there are plenty of us. She left behind 4 children, 10 grandchilden, and 4 great-grandchilden. Everyone is coming to our house tonight to put together her pictures boards and to tell stories. Basically, just to be together. This is how we will get though this, together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michell/Bug

We were so sorry to hear about the loss of your Nana. We were off on a trip to Savannah, Santa Rosa Fla. and The mountians of western N.C.
Anyway, our thoughts are with you. I still miss going to G&P's. Think of them all the time, was lucky to have them. You were so good to your Na. No regrets. I'm sure she looks down on you each and every day and thanks you for all you did and will look after you and Ed and the girls from now on.
Love and hugs
Jim and sandi