Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Zoey the Pug


Sorry for the delay in the posts but I've been a little busy lately. More on that later. I would like to get back to introducing my family to you.

Meet Zoey. She's my baby Pug. She's not really a baby anymore but she'll always be MY baby. She just turned 7 in September and I can remember the day I saw her for the first time like it was yesterday.

About 8 years ago I found myself newly divorced and on my own with Molly. For the past couple of years before that I had been asking my "X" for a dog but it wasn't even a consideration. Thus, my first rebellious activity as a new divorcee was to purchase the puppy of my dreams. I guess I thought that by doing something I wasn't allowed to do before, I was officially starting my "new" life.

I checked out some pet stores but just hadn't found the right dog.....until the day I walked into the mall and saw my Zoey. There she was, little as could be, just staring at me from a cage behind the glass. I knew we were meant for each other the moment I saw her. I had the store personnel get her for me and I stood in that store holding her for hours. I gave her lots of love that night and she gave me even more back. She was what I needed.

I called Ed and told him about her. He wasn't sure what to think but told me to do what I wanted. I left that night without her so that I could think it over and be sure. Less than 24 hours later, Zoey was on her first car ride home.

I was right, she was exactly what I needed. She has given me more smiles, more laughs, and in general has just made my life more complete. She's my snuggle bunny and my shadow. No matter how good of a life I give her (and she does have it pretty damn good), I will never be able to give her what she's given me.

My Pop says she's so damn ugly she's cute. How mean is that?????

1 comment:

jdeere1 said...

Love Zoey!! Cannot wait to see Kazia on your blog! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving! Love ya--Kel